Park Rental Information
The Pewaukee Park and Recreation Department invites you and your family to spend a day at one of the beautiful parks in the City or Village of Pewaukee. We strive to provide our residents with well maintained and safe grounds and buildings to use. The parks are open to the public and the buildings may be rented for many occasions such as weddings, family reunions, graduations, birthday parties or just a friendly gathering. If you would like to rent one of our facilities, please contact us via phone at (262) 691-PARK (7275). Please note: rentals for the following year will not be taken until the first business day of that year for residents and a week later for non-residents.
If you wish to tour our facilities, please check our our photo presentation of each park by clicking on the park name you are interested in below:
Below you will find information about renting the parks including fees, guidelines, payment procedures and clean-up requirements. Please review this information prior to calling to book your event.
Who qualifies to receive the resident rate?
Any person who resides in and/or pays taxes to the City or Village of Pewaukee is considered a "resident" and pays the resident fee.
Any business that is or pays taxes to the City or Village of Pewaukee is considered a "business resident" and pays the business resident fee.
All other individuals are considered "non-residents" and pay the non-resident fee.
Park Rental Fees
Click here to see the current rental fees for the parks and buildings.
Park Rental Guidelines
1. The Park and Recreation Department does NOT guarantee absolute privacy to any group.
2. The user shall make sure that no State or Federal codes are violated.
3. All payments must be made by check only - no cash or credit cards. We do require 2 separate checks; one for the rental payment and one for the refundable deposit.
4. If a renter neglects to pick up a key before the rental, and alternative measures need to be taken to get the building open, the key deposit of $100.00 will be held.
5. Building key(s) for Balmer, Nettesheim, South and Wagner parks must be picked up in the Park and Recreation office, located inside Pewaukee City Hall at W240 N3065 Pewaukee Road, Pewaukee, two days before the rental of a park. Key/clean-up deposits must be made at this time. (Office hours for key pick up are Monday-Friday from 8-4:30 pm unless otherwise stated due to holidays).
6. If there would be a problem getting into a facility, please contact the City of Pewaukee police department at 262-691-0921 for Balmer, Nettesheim, South or Wagner Parks and the Village of Pewaukee police department at 262-691-5678 for Village Park.
7. The building key must be returned to the Department within seven (7) days of use or future privileges will be denied. Key/clean-up deposits will be given back once the key is returned as long as no damage occurred to the park.
8. Specific reservations must be made for exclusive use of ball diamonds at an additional cost. If you wish to use the ball diamonds, you must request this prior to your rental. Use of these areas is not exclusively included in a permit. Dragging or lining the ball field is an additional cost. Tennis and basketball courts are not for exclusive use.
9. No reservations will be made on Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve or New Year's Day.
10. Beer or wine is allowed in the parks with the park rental permit. A permit to sell beer MUST be obtained from the appropriate clerk depending upon what park is being rented. Any organization renting a park and wishing to sell fermented beverages must follow these guidelines:
Club/organization, lodge, society must be in existence for at least six (6) months.
Must apply for a special Class "B" license thirty (30) days prior to the rental.
Obtain a federal tax stamp from the Department of Revenue in Milwaukee.
Have on premises at all times a licensed operator in possession of a current City/Village of Pewaukee operator's license.
11. No special lights are allowed unless by permit with the Director.
12. Tents must be taken down on the same day of the rental. Tents are not allowed to be staked down in the asphalt.
13. DJs and bands may be allowed with permission from the Director and as long as the renter does not violate the municipal noise ordinance.
14. Grilling is allowed (you will need to bring your own) in our parks as long as the grill is kept a safe distance away from the building and that the hot coals are disposed of properly. All grills/grililng supplies will need to be taken with you when you leave the park.
15. Reservations may not set up the night prior to the rental date nor set up earlier than the rental time. Your rental time must allow for setup and clean up.
16. Renters are not allowed to sell any type of goods.
17. Notify the Department at 262-691-7275 immediately if the reservation is to be cancelled. A $20.00 administrative fee will be charged for any rental cancellation and if the cancellation occurs less than 14 days prior to the rental date, the entire rental fee will be forfeited.
18. The Pewaukee Park and Recreation Department reserves the right to cancel a reservation for any reason.
Park Rental Payment Procedure
1. Rentals can be set up over the phone by calling 262-691-7275.
2. All rental charges shall be paid to the Pewaukee Park and Recreation Department within 14 days of receiving the rental contract. Security deposits are due at the time of key pick up or at least two days prior to the rental if no key is issued.
3. Yellow rental contract forms are required when making payment at the Department office or when picking up facility keys.
4. Keys can be picked up Monday-Friday between 8-4:30 pm except during holidays.
Park Rental Cleanup Procedure
1. The park and/or building must be left in the condition it was found. All garbage must be picked up and bagged. Leave the garbage outside the facility if renting a building.
2. Nothing can be left on the premises overnight - you may NOT come early the next morning to cleanup. Bag and throw out all extra food, do NOT leave in the refrigerator otherwise you will lose a portion of your deposit.
3. Sweep/mop the floor - the Department will leave you supplies to do so.
4. Bring towels or rags to wipe tables after use. Bring cleaning cleanser in the event of stained surfaces from decorations or refreshments.
5. Store folding chairs and tables in same area where they were found.
6. DO NOT dispose of grease on the park grass or in the parking lot. There is a hose hook-up on the building if you are planning a corn or pig roast. Please hose parking lot area off before you leave in these instances.
7. If you are concerned about the condition of the park when you first arrive, call and leave a message for the Park and Recreation Director IMMEDIATELY at 262-691-7275. DO NOT wait until after your rental is over. You should also call the on-call maintenance person immediately to notify them of the condition as well. That number is listed on the paperwork left in the building for you.